There are several types of pedestrian crossing in the UK:
- Zebra: black and white lines on the road
- Pelican: PEdestrian LIght CONtrolled (this one has a flashing amber light after you’ve waited at the red light)
- Puffin: PEdestrian User Friendly INtelligent
- Toucan: TWO CAN cross (cyclists and pedestrians)
- Equestrian or Pegasus: for horse riders in the form of a pelican crossing or puffin crossing but with higher buttons.
Only in the UK could we make something this simple so complicated! Take a look at this video if you’re still confused: